Premium Paid Content from Backcountry Press
Hello Pacific Crest Trail enthusiasts! Here are the recordings of Matt Berger’s Webinar Series.
The passwords to view the videos were sent to you in the email where you found the link to this page.
- Part 1: Southern California Mountains and Desert
- Part 2: Sierra Nevada of Central California
- Part 3: Cascades and Klamath Mountains of Northern California
- Part 4: Oregon’s Cascades
- Part 5: Washington’s Cascades
Hiking Permit Information
- The PCTA issues permits for 500+ continuous single-session miles. These permits are free and have been issued for at least a decade. CLICK TO LEARN MORE
- You can hike the full PCT without a PCTA issued permit however you are responsible for obtaining individual permits. Currently the first wilderness is issuing 5 per day during this same period. Others are very challenging to obtain such as those through the Sierra as they are on a quota system through the FS. CLICK TO LEARN MORE
- The traditional SOBO (southbound) start dates are early July. CLICK TO LEARN MORE