Manzanita’s center of biodiversity is in the California Floristic Province, where they are the “rock stars” of woody shrub diversity. Ranging from the Sierra Nevada mountains to coastal bluffs along the Pacific, from temperate rainforests along the North Coast to arid mountain slopes in Southern California, a wealth of manzanita species and subspecies can be found in an astonishing array of environments.
Field Guide to Manzanitas presents an assimilation of images, descriptions, and range maps to better understand these plants through:
- Color plates for identifying the world’s manzanitas
- Accurate and updated range maps
- 28 manzanita hot-spots for finding them in the field
- Spectacular photos from across North America
- Simplified keys by region
- Discussion covering endemism, ecology, and evolution of the genus
There are no reviews yet.