- Publisher: Backcountry Press
- Edition: First
- Available in: Paperback, PDF
- ISBN: 978-1941624067
- Published: April 29, 2017
paperback is out of stock – returning in late 2024
Hiking Humboldt Volume 2 presents walk descriptions, directions, maps, and photos of familiar favorites, hidden gems, and unexpected adventures.
- Urban walks such as the Arcata Architectural Walk and the Eureka Mural Walk
- Short hikes along some of Humboldt County’s most picturesque rural roads.
- Opportunities to explore the Lassics, Horse Mountain or Cannibal Island.
- Detailed written descriptions, maps, and photos including natural and cultural history notes.
- 216 pages, full color photos and maps.
Hiking Humboldt volume 2 is a terrific book. Rees Hughes provides clear and concise hiking instructions, punctuated by sidebars filled with intriguing information. The photos are beautiful, and the maps by Jason Barnes are the best I’ve ever seen in a trail (and road and street) guide. Even confirmed couch potatoes will want to grab a copy and find out how easy it is to take a wonder-filled walk in Humboldt County. Five stars! —Jerry Rohde, co-author of Best Short Hikes in Redwood National and State Parks.
At Eureka Books, we get asked all the time about the best hikes and walks in Humboldt County. Hiking Humboldt, Vol. 2 is the perfect answer for people looking for shorter, accessible, and even urban walks in our region. Backcountry Press has done an extraordinary job of providing entertaining and useful guides to the North Coast’s natural resources, and we’re so happy to see this newest volume added to the collection. Rees Hughes knows how to enjoy a good walk, and I’m so glad he’s shared his passion with us. —Amy Stewart, New York Times best selling author