The Geologic Story of Lassen
Volcanic National Park and Vicinity
The book describes the in intriguing geology and geologic evolution of Lassen Volcanic National Park and surrounding areas, providing an up-to-date source of geologic information specific to Lassen Country. The book includes updated geology based on over 30 years of regional field work in Lassen Volcanic National Park and vicinity.
We invite you to explore Lassen Country through:
- In-depth natural history discussion of Lassen
Country covering volcanoes, mud pots, fumeroles, hot springs, glaciers, geologic time and more
- Cultural and historical notes about the region
- Mile by mile geologic tour through Lassen Volcanic National Park to Old Station
- Eight detailed hikes to get out and explore the geology of Lassen Country
- Specific locations to explore the Lassen Volcanic National Park, Hat Creek, and Old Station
Bill Guerard (verified owner) –
The most comprehensive book on the Lassen region you will find. Excellent!!